It's pumpkin time! The Puster Library is being transformed into a Book Character Pumpkin Patch. This is a family project.
- Bring your pumpkin(s) to the library any morning between Monday, October 17 and Friday, October 21 before school starts. They will be displayed on tops of bookshelves through Friday, October 21.
- Pumpkins will be moved to the cafeteria and courtyard for display during Fall Family Fun Night. So please make your display as portable as possible!
- Pumpkins will be on display for about a week. So please do not carve, puncture, nor add any embellishments that will turn or spoil.
- Several grade levels are working on understanding genres. It might be fun to consider characters from mysteries, fairy tales, historical fiction, realistic fiction, humorous fiction, fantasy, science fiction, poetry, adventure, and more.
- Students will have the opportunity to vote for "favorites". Winners will be announced on Monday afternoon.
- Include a sign that can be displayed with the pumpkin. We want to know exactly who is represented. An optional template is provided on the library website. Please include: Book Character Name, Book Title, Book Genre. Names of the pumpkin creators should be written on the back of the sign. If you have a copy of the book to stand up beside the character, that would be great! (Label with your name)
- Pumpkins will be taken home after the Fall Family Fun Night so that you can display them at your home for Halloween.
- Help us promote reading and have fun!